Social Entrepreneurship education for youth
The goal of this course is to introduce the concept, role, organization, basic operations of social entrepreneurship to educators. They will receive training on the development and organization of social enterprises and will be able to understand the concept of social impact in relation to economic value. They will also receive training in entrepreneurial learning methods in the classroom. After the end of this course, they will have a better understanding of the concept and potential benefits of social entrepreneurship and they will have improved the skills and competences that are required to convey that knowledge to their students.
– Introduction to social entrepreneurship
– Role of social entrepreneurship in society
– Fields of activity of social enterprises
– Challenges of social enterprises
– Legal forms of social enterprises
– Legal status in different countries.
– Development of social enterprises
– Organization of social enterprises
– Basic functions of social enterprises
– Presentation of concept of social impact and economic value in the operation of social enterprises.
– Strategic development of social enterprises
– Networking strategies
– Measurement of social impact and performance
– Financial issues
– E-commerce to social business.
– Entrepreneurial learning methods
The methodology that is going to be used in order to introduce the participants into social entrepreneurship and the functions of social businesses is based on collaborative learning and aims to activate the participants in the learning process. The methodology includes lectures, presentations, videos, workshops and case studies of successful examples of social businesses from the European union. The participants will also visit successful social businesses in the country of venue in order to have a hands-on experience of how social businesses operate.
This course is targeted at educators that want to provide training in Social Entrepreneurship to youths.
The methodology that is going to be used is based on collaborative learning and aims to activate the participants during the delivery of the course. All participants will benefit from the learning process of receiving a combination of both theoretical and practical knowledge. The methodology includes lectures, presentations, videos, games, workshops and case studies of successful examples of social inclusion of refugee children in the European Union. On the last day of the course, the participants will exchange information and reflect on the knowledge and experience they have gained during the course to benefit from feedback and analysis.
This course is targeted at educators that want to provide training in a multicultural environment.